Get In great shape with these body sculpting workouts.
Weight Training Workout
Below is a description of the weight training part of the routine. You will alternate between Workout (A) and (B) every time that weight training day comes around.
NOTE: You can find video demonstrations of proper technique for many of these exercises at the Get Fit Now YouTube Channel.
Workout (A) – Monday/Thursday
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
Wide Grip Pull-downs to Front (or Wide Grip Pull-ups to Front)
Flat Dumbbell Bench Press
Reverse Close Grip Pull-downs (or Reverse Grip Chin-ups)
One Arm Dumbbell Rows
One Legged Dumbbell Calf Raises
Two Legged Dumbbell Calf Raises
Workout (B) – Tuesday/Friday
Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extensions
Overhead Dumbbell Triceps Extensions
Bent Over Lateral Raises
Lying Leg Curls
Crunches (preferably performed on an Exercise Ball)
Lying Leg Raises
* Notes on Sets and Reps
This program varies the number of sets and repetitions on a bi-weekly basis in order to keep the body guessing and body sculpting results coming.
1. For weeks 1-2 perform 12-15 repetitions per set and 2 sets per exercise.
2. For weeks 3-4 perform 10-12 repetitions per set and 3 sets per exercise.
3. For weeks 5-6 perform 8-10 repetitions per set and 4 sets per exercise.
- Do not rest more than 1 minute in between supersets. As a matter of fact, try to lower the rest down to 30-45 seconds in between. This not only allows for a better pump and an even better cardiovascular workout, but it also builds endurance and will not affect the strength once your body adjusts since you are supersetting antagonistic muscle groups.
- As you will later see, the Abdominal Workout is to be performed before the cardiovascular workout. Abdominals should be treated as any other muscle, so use the same set and repetition scheme described above.
- Put your ego aside and ensure perfect form in all exercises feeling the muscle contract and stretch.
- Take your sets to the point where performing another repetition with good form becomes impossible.
- If you are a guy that is interested in gaining some muscle with this routine, do not fall for the myth that supersetting is only for getting ripped and that no muscle can be built while doing it. This is not true as most of my mass has been built through supersetting. In addition, great bodybuilders like Dave Draper and Arnold Schwarzenegger also built their physiques with plenty of supersets.
HUGO RIVERA is an ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, engineer and international best selling fitness author with over 20 years of bodybuilding experience. He is also the New York Times About.com Guide to Bodybuilding and continues to educate others on how to use bodybuilding in order to achieve their goals. Hugo is the author of Hardgainers’ Bodybuilding Handbook as well as the co-author of the best selling Body Sculpting Bible for Men and Body Sculpting Bible for Women.