Plant Based Cooking Made Easy is the must-have cookbook from Jill and Jeffrey Dalton, the creators and host of The Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show on YouTube. Plant Based Cooking Made Easy features over 100 life-saving, whole food plant-based recipes that are gluten-free, refined sugar & oil free, low in sodium, and full of scrumptious flavors. Try out this recipe for the perfect summer dessert featured in the book below.
Peaches are at their sweetest when they are picked ripe, and they are a hard fruit to ship because they bruise easily, so peach season here in the south is a special time. I originally created this recipe during peach season and though it does make for the most scrumptious tarts, I have also made this recipe with frozen sliced peaches and it still tastes divine. The peaches are so sweet there is no need for added sugar and when you spread them in the pan in a radial pattern it makes for the most beautiful dessert presentation.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
2 cups almond meal or almond flour
1 cup pitted Medjool dates
3–4 ripe peaches
1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
¾ cups water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Add the crust ingredients to food processor and blend until mixture starts to stick together.
3. Pour into a tart pan and press mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan.
4. Slice peaches in half and twist sections in opposite directions and remove the pit.
5. Slice halves into thin slices, setting aside one of the halves.
6. Add that half of a peach, arrowroot powder, 2 dates and water into a blender and blend until smooth.
7. Pour two-thirds of the blended mixture into the tart crust.
8. Layer peach slices on top of this mixture, fanning the slices out, starting at the outside and working your way to the center.
9. Pour remaining peach mixture over the top.
10. Bake for 35 minutes.
11. Take out of the oven and let cool thoroughly before removing it from the tart pan.
Jill Dalton & Jeffrey Dalton are the visionaries behind The Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show, a YouTube channel and media platform. The couple knew, after making the switch to a whole food plant based diet and experiencing profound changes in their own health, they needed to share the power of a plant based diet with the world. Together over the past 5 years they have been creating the popular cooking show from their home kitchen in Cary, NC. The Dalton’s original recipes, cookbooks, and courses have been used by millions of viewers the world over as they too make the switch to a plant based lifestyle. Jill hosts the show and shares her mastery for creating tasty and easy to prepare recipes that incorporate all of the leading research on plant based nutrition. Jeffrey works behind the scenes writing, designing, filming, producing, and supporting the technical aspects of the show.