Are you finding yourself mindlessly snacking away now that you’re home all the time? In the best of times, an apple and peanut butter, a bowl of fruit or hummus and vegetables are great snack ideas. But what about something more exciting that’s still healthy AND easy to make?
Nichole Dandrea at Purely Planted has come up with 15 healthy and plant-based, nutrition-packed snacks that are tasty, fulfilling and nourishing including the one below. Check out her recipe below then click over to her website for more ideas.
Moroccan Baked Chickpeas
Spiced crunchy chickpeas might be one of the best plant-based snacks of all time due to their ability to satisfy your tastebuds and your belly with their high-fiber and protein content. Eat them solo or add them to a salad as a legume “crouton.” If you like spice, these are pretty darn delicious with chipotle chili powder or red pepper flakes added in.
15-ounce BPA-free can chickpeas, drained (or 15-ounce can, drained)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon ground smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Drain the chickpeas if using canned (but reserve the brine for use in other recipes!).
3. Mix all of the spice ingredients together in a medium bowl until they are blended.
4. Add the chickpeas to the bowl and toss with the spices until the chickpeas are evenly coated.
5. Spread the chickpeas on the baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes (or until crispy), stirring halfway through.